Wednesday 23 February 2011

The streets of Athens

I came back from Greece a couple of weeks ago and was going through my photos... Whenever I go somewhere I take photos of graffiti in the streets. I find something very attractive in urban culture. You can tell a lot about a city and its people just by observing what is written and painted on the buildings and the walls. Here are some from Athens...
I took this in November 2008...
...and this in January 2011...
The rest of the wall is completely covered in graffiti, but this has somehow survived more than 2 years later... I guess some things are just meant to stay!...

1 comment:

  1. Excellent photos! Very nice Paulinaki! I also love taking pictures of graffiti on walls, multiple posters on walls, graffiti on top of the torn posters...walls are a different world on it's own.

    ReplyDelete