Saturday 7 May 2011

Ryan Elliott at Electric Minds




 


Last Saturday I went to an Electric Minds event at a secret location in Shoreditch, where Ryan Elliott was playing. It was in a basement just off Hoxton Street. Really nice location; quite big, well ventilated, Funktion One in white; it really does look impressive in white!


I got there around 2.30am and I knew straight away I was going to love it! And it kept getting better and better. Berlin based Ryan Elliott, currently on Ostgut Ton, played an amazing techno set. I just couldn't stop dancing! His mixing was flawless, the tracks were just right for the mood, the crowd was loving it and he seemed to be loving it too! There were a few moments I could have done with a little bit less vocals, but then again that definitely didn't ruin it for me to the slightest! So no complaints really!

The only disappointing thing was that for some reason they closed the night at 5.30am instead of 6am. Maybe it was because people had started leaving, but I think the ones that were still there would have definitely liked to keep going for another half hour... Or anyway I would have for sure! Nevertheless, what a great way to finish the bank holiday weekend! Without a doubt best night of the weekend!

Here's a pretty cool tech house mix by the man himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment