Sunday 23 October 2011

Seasick Steve

Last Thursday I found myself at an unusual gig for me; Seasick Steve at HMV Hammersmith Apollo! The day of the gig my mate called me to tell me they had an extra ticket for the gig and if I wanted to go, I said... why not?! I'm so glad I said yes! No support group, which was definitely a positive, Seasick Steve was on stage for about 2hrs, and alongside him there were a couple of pretty cool appearances; John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin and Paloma Faith.

The gig was so nice! Seasick Steve and his band gave such a nice performance. The drummer was so cool, you could tell he was really enjoying it! John Paul Jones went on stage after the first track and stayed till the end, playing his bass and the mandolin. Paloma Faith sang on a few songs including the last one; Dog House, which seemed to drag and drag!.. He also got his three sons on stage; apparently one has written Whiskey Ballad, the other one has done the artwork for his albums and the third one has produced all his albums or maybe just the last one. Oh yes, at some point he got this girl on stage to sing a ballad to her, how funny! and a bit awkward...

No comments:

Post a Comment