Monday 6 June 2011

Death Grips

I recently discovered Death Grips; a pretty hard hip hop / rap project. It's quite brutal and old school, not necesserily what I personally think is needed in the music scene at the moment, but there is definitely still an audience for this kind of stuff; and I include myself in this audience... I wouldn't necesserily play it first thing in the morning, although it was the first thing I played this morning quite loud while writing this blog. Not sure if my neighbours appreciated, but they should be at work anyway! I've been trying to find out more about the project, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there, except Zach Hill's name that seems to be popping up a lot. Hill; an American drummer, is known to play noise, rock, experimental. I think Death Grips is his latest (or one of his latest) projects.



You can download the Exmilitary Mixtape and two tracks; Full Moon (Death Classic) and Face Melter (How to do impossible things).

No comments:

Post a Comment