Wednesday 2 March 2011

'new and unreleased techno only'

Dollop at The Citypost Building and Machine at Islington Metal Works, Friday 25 February

Stop 1: The Citypost Building to see Luke Abbott and James Holden
I get to Dollop when Luke Abbott is playing; he's ok. I'm more interested in seeing James Holden; unfortunately I find his set pretty boring, it's like a flatline. I don't feel there is a peak anywhere in the set and I'm really not impressed by any of his tunes. I decide to leave around 3.30am before he finishes his set. 

Stop 2: Islington Metal Works to see Luke Slater and Ben Sims
I rush to Machine! I manage to get there at 3.45am, waste 5-10mins at the door and get to see the last 10mins of Luke Slater's set. As soon as I enter the room I question myself: Why did I go to Dollop if I knew Machine was on? Anyway I'm here now, suddenly with a big smile on my face! Luke Slater plays really loud and hard, I love it! And then... Ben Sims! What I've been waiting for all night!!! He's probably one of the best DJs I've seen! He starts straight away (and continues) with some really heavy industrial tunes. If you want to listen to some new excellent techno with some great machine like background visuals, then this is the party!
Next Machine is at East Village on 15 April with Rolando as headline guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment