Thursday 24 March 2011

Scientist's Dubstep Into Outer Space

On November 18th at Fabric, dub producer Scientist launched Dubstep Into Outer Space on Tectonic. I got there late and missed Scientist's live performace and Pinch; for once getting there late wasn't my fault and was really gutted... Anyway, got to see Mala, who was amazing as always and Loefah, who was pretty disappointing. At the beginning I wondered: Is this really Loefah playing? I looked again, and yes it was really him. It sounded nothing like the good old Loefah... No idea what he was doing... I haven't seen him play since, but I sure hope that was a one off...

So back to the album! It consists of 12 dubstep tracks that Scientist has remixed and has given them his dub touch! The original tracks were previously unreleased tracks from other dubstep DJs and producers such as Kode9, Mala, Guido and Shackleton.




Two of the tracks are available to download for free; King Midas Sound's U Dub Part 1 and Guido's Korg Back Dub.



No comments:

Post a Comment