Monday 25 April 2011

Kutmah at Soundcrash

Saturday 16 April... Soundcrash at XOYO...

I get to the venue around 10.30; so happy there is no queue. I go straight in and just about get to see the last two tracks of Ghostpoet. Such a shame, I even thought I was early... They really shouldn't have put Ghostpoet play so early...

Then... Jehst! Pretty cool actually, such energy and the crowd is loving it! Next on the lineup is Anchorsong, I saw him before a few months ago at KOKO. He was on stage with two or three violinists, playing just befoere DJ Krush. This time it's just him; really cool set, but it was more impressive when I saw him with the violinists, at least visually.



Kelpe live set is next, not much to say about it really, as good as always! Kutmah is the other one after Ghostpoet that I really want to see and is absolutely great! He's mixing all sorts of very different tracks and you can see that he's having such a great time! And last is Lukid, really nice quite dark set, I think Lukid is probably my favorite of all. It's a shame that quite a lot of people have already left and it's not even that late really. At some point while he's playing the sound goes down... then it's up again... and then of course towards the end, the security guy asks Lukid to finish his set. It always makes me wonder when this happens at clubs... how can you have the security harrass the performer to finish, surely it would be better to have the soundman signal to the DJ when the time is up, it just looks really bad and unprofessional ... Really great night though, which was expected with the lineup!

No comments:

Post a Comment