Sunday 17 April 2011

Tirk by Night

On Thursday night I went to Tirk by Night, an event organised by Tirk at Favela Chic, where Architeq and Free School played live with DJ set by The Time and Space Machine.

Can't really comment about The Time and Space Machine, as he was DJing inbetween the bands when I was usually outside or wasn't really paying attention when inside, so didn't really listen to what he played... I had never heard of Free School before, so had no idea what to expect, but I was happily surpised! Live band, three of them on stage wearing animal masks... They were actually quite good. And then I saw Architeq, who was the reason I was there. He played a laptop dub set, which lasted I think for a bit less than an hour and I really enjoyed! As always of course!



I expected though that the event would be busier, especially in Favela Chic, which is quite a small easy to fill venue. I think in the future Tirk should be looking at spending a little bit more on promotion and marketing. I only found out about the night when I went on the Tirk website looking for something else a couple of days before the event. Surely if the night had been well promoted I would have seen some poster or advert/insert in some magazine or ebulletin. Anyway, overall a pretty good night

No comments:

Post a Comment