Monday 18 April 2011

Machine...2

Friday 15 April at East Village, I arrive just before midnight.

First it's Kirk Degiorgio, he plays a 1hr set, really good, as expected! I have seen him play a few times and he's always good!

What really bothers me though is that the sound is really low... All I can hear is people talking to each other, so irritating! All I want to do is get lost in the music and all I keep thinking about is that they need to put the volume up... How can you be at a techno night and be able to hear people talking? It's just not right! I also find it a bit weird that it's not as busy as I thought it would be, not sure why... I don't think they should use this venue again for Machine, the sound is not loud enough and it closes early; I think these two reasons should be more than enough! I also miss the visuals they had at the last Machine, they were really cool!

Rolando is next! He plays for around 1.5hr. First time I see him and I quite like his set. It's a little bit more melodic than what I would normally go for, but it's good! It's good having a little bit of variety.

And then Ben Sims! In one word... amazing! I was so looking forward to his set! He plays some pretty hard industrial tunes! I love it! I was getting a little bit restless when Rolando played until about 2.20-2.30am and I knew the party was supposed to be finishing at 3am. Don't get me wrong, Rolando's set was really good, but even if it was just Sims playing, I would be there! Was really happy he carried on playing until I think 3.30am...

Can't wait for the next Machine! Very very very happy to hear it will be back at Islington Metal Works! Not sure about the date or the guest yet... but hey! I'll be there! Even though I didn't think it was as good as the first Machine, it was definitely a super nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment