Thursday 15 September 2011

Bestival 2011 - A Retrospective - Day 2

On Saturday I started my festival day at the Red Bull Music Academy with D/R/U/G/S, then October, Al Tourettes and Appleblim. I briefly saw Crystal Castles, but didn't enjoy it, her voice doesn't agree with me... I then went to Rizlab to see Hannah Holland, who played an amazing set, mixing techno with electro and really great visuals. It's so great seeing DJs that enjoy what they do and dance with the crowd! The atmosphere was so positive! At Bollywood I also heard some really good techno from Bok Bok and Claude Vonstroke, even got a CD from Vonstroke, which I still haven't listened... At the main stage I saw PJ Harvey, who was amazing, although I felt like I wanted something more dance at that moment and of course The Cure, that were unbelievably good! They must have played around 2.5hrs, they went off the stage and back twice, you could see how much they were enjoying being there and this energy was projected to the crowd. And i think the last thing I saw on saturday was LFO, who played quite hard and noisy. It was really good, though I don't think I would have been able to have seen them any earlier than last.



For Bestival 2011 videos click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment