Sunday 18 September 2011

Kutmah & Daedelus at KOKO

Last night at KOKO...

I saw Hidden Orchestra for the first time. It was really good, really liked that they had two drummers each bringing his own style into the mix. Wouldn't mind seeing them again!



Then a super nice, but short set from Kutmah. He played for maximum 1 hour, building up his set really nicely. My favorite bit? When he played The Cure! But before long and very abruptly he stopped to give way for Daedelus, with whom he used to play music in LA back in the days. Such a shame, he should have kept playing for maybe another half hour... It was really sweet as well when Deadelus, before starting his set, said how much everyone was missing Kutmah back in LA...



Daedelus' set was pretty impressive! I really enjoyed his music, a bit too noisy at times towards the end of the set for me, but overall really good. The visual side was also pretty cool! There was a wall of moving mirrors behind him that were reflecting the laser lights all over the place! Pretty cool! So funny as well when this girl got on stage and went for him and the security had to remove her. You don't often see that with DJs... or at KOKO... Have to say though, the crowd was really young, some of the people looked like kids...

Then a really nice dark set from Raffertie! Will definitely be seeing him again! And Luke Vibert to close the night. Can't say I particularly enjoyed his music and I did leave at 2am, when he still had 1 more hour to play. Can't say it was bad either though, as I was dancing to what he was playing, but at the same time I thought it was pretty old school and boring. Then again there is something I like about Vibert... not sure what that is, probably not the haircut... but anyway he looks like a nice guy and I like it when he sings the tunes he plays! I would see him again, but he wouldn't be the main reason I would go somewhere.

To have a look at more videos from last night click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment