Tuesday 27 September 2011

Death Grips at Old Blue Last

I first wrote about Death Grips back in June, when I tried to find some information about the project but there wasn't much out there. Last night a friend called me to ask me if I would be up for going to a Death Grips gig... I was quite surprised; firstly I didn't know they were playing; secondly, I wouldn't have thought even if I knew they were playing that anyone would want to go with me!.. So anyway, I found myself at Old Blue Last! The gig was so much better than I expected! MC Ride was on the mic and Zach Hill on the drums, they played for 45mins and there was so much energy in the room. Old Blue Last is not a big venue, but it was pretty much full. At the beginning when I saw that they would play for less than an hour, I thought it was a bit poor, then again I think 45mins was more than enough! If they had played any more than that they would probably have had a heart attack and we would probably have gone deaf! And that is all positive! I loved it! You've never seen anyone as sweaty as Hill, you've never seen anyone screaming and dancing as frantically as MC Ride. Death Grips is definitely one to see live, rather than listen in your living room!..


No comments:

Post a Comment