Friday 30 September 2011

Modeselektor new realease...


...out today! My pre-ordered copy arrived this morning at 8.30am and I'm listening to it as I type! Monkeytown is a limited edition, signed and hand numbered by Modeselektor; mine is number 354. Such high quality finish; hard cover book with black and white photos, signed and numbered by hand, 2 LPs in clear vinyl, it's all so beautifully made with such attention to detail!

A side really nice, could listen to it over and over again. B side starts with Evil Twin which I thought was a really good track! C side... not my favorite, not even close, don't really like the vocals. The last track is better than the first ones, but still not my thing. D side, like the first track a bit of rap going on there, which I think works quite well and these vocals that so rarely agree with me... here they don't bother me much. And the rest of the side is nothing too impressive either, but I don't dislike it either.

Overall, really happy I got this! Love the 1st LP, not super keen on the 2nd, but such beautiful cover, keep wanting to touch it!.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment